What we offer prospective members
Thank you for your interest in the Des Moines Yacht Club! Our membership is full of fun people who encompass all levels of boating – from those who are just starting out with their first boat to those who cruise all year long in the South Sound and beyond. We welcome new members on a year round basis with pretty basic criteria:
- You own a boat
- You will be an active part of the membership
The Membership Packet is a great resource for potential members to refer to. Bear in mind, it takes a minimum of two months to join the DMYC if you actively work through the process. Here is a quick recap of what it entails:
- $500.00 Membership Fee (one time fee)
- $46.18 First Month’s Dues (2017); monthly dues are owed thereafter
- $30.00 Burgee fee
- Participate in one overnight cruise with your boat
- Participate in two social events
- Fill out the application and attach necessary forms (proof of insurance and title)
- Approval will be made by the Board of Trustees
Membership at the Des Moines Yacht Club is more than just a boat launch – we have social events for all ages, from the New Year’s Eve Ball and Fourth of July Celebration, to the Children’s Holiday Party in December.
We encourage community involvement by hosting our Special People’s Cruise and Dance where adults who are disabled can take a boat ride to talk to Santa.
Each spring we hold a big Swap Meet where residents can buy or sell marine related goods.
Cruises on the South Sound are organized monthly, and we are always hosting family festive events at our Club that include the Super Bowl and Halloween Parties, Pancake Breakfasts and Steak Fry Socials.
Want to throw a party of your own? As a member, you can rent the facility at a reduced rate!
DMYC gives back to our community by donating to “Dollars for Scholars” and providing scholarship money to local high school seniors through “Navigating the Future”.
If you have any questions, please let me know. Membership at the DMYC has its privileges – find out for yourself if it’s the place for you!
DMYC Membership Chair
Des Moines Yacht Club Members are entitled to the following
- Planned monthly cruises to numerous Puget Sound locations
- Family friendly activities
- First Mates – Our women’s activity group
- Swabbees – Our children’s activity group
- Seasonal events and activities including dances & parties
- Boat launch and temporary wet moorage dock
- Year around dry moorage for 100 boats
- Countless reciprocal marinas throughout the Puget Sound and San Juan Islands
- Participation in annual regattas including the Seattle Yacht Club Opening Day Ceremonies and the Tacoma Yacht Club Daffodil Marine Parade
- Hosting the South Sound Opening Day Ceremonies, Dinner and Dance